Friday, February 21, 2014

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)

I distinctly remember that when this song came out you couldn't avoid it even if you wanted to.  It was playing everywhere!  With one of the most recognizable hooks ever (the opening bass line), it was almost a foreshadowing of the famous line from Jerry McGuire: "You had me at hello!"

The visual imagery of the video is a perfect compliment to the theme of the song.  The images morph from one to another like a dream sequence.  Dreams are often a strange mixture of things that don't normally seem to go together and this is what you get here.  David Stewart nuzzling the cow is classic!  I always thought Annie Lennox always looked a little scary here but, again it is the type of thing that you would expect in a dream.  You don't debate a dream ("who am I to disagree?") - you just go with the flow and see where it takes you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment