I am a blues fan so it is really a treat to hear Muddy Waters from his early days and the Chicago electric blues style. I expect John Lee Hooker to jump in on the chorus here since this is definitely his style as well. I listen to a lot of Eric Clapton and it is very obvious that he listened to a lot of these two artists as he was growing up and developing his playing style. Clapton adopts and adapts a number of these techniques in his blues oriented recordings - including a cover of this that he has done.
Having grown up in Chicago in the '70s you could still hear some of these groups playing outside on makeshift stages in the summer on the south side. In particular, we used to go to Bluesfest in Grant Park downtown and this is very reminiscent of what we would hear there.
Here's another of my favorite Muddy Waters tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9rBw5E0lqQ
No comments:
Post a Comment